If you’ve enjoyed my blog

May Favourites

Shane Dawson

Don’t judge me, but I’ve been an avid YouTube viewer for only a couple of years and I’ve only focused on makeup and lifestyle channels. I’m not really into the comedy thing. I follow Peter Monn, who has a kind of drama/commentary channel on YouTube royalty, but he will talk about pretty much anything and anyone he likes (and dislikes). So, the other day, he was talking about how Shane Dawson stopped working with Bobby Burns and I thought “Who the fuck are those people?!” A few minutes later, I fell into the Shane Dawson rabbit hole. I’ve caught up on nine years’ worth of footage in just three weeks.

He’s very loveable (and cute), he has a dark sense of humour, he’s self-deprecating and he knows how to make good content. Of course, his latest series with Grav3yardgirl made him even more interesting. He’s pretty much one of the only people on YouTube who can make me laugh out loud (most of the time I just heh at videos).

shane dawson

Dogs are the best.

Colourpop eyeshadow singles and more specifically the Super Shock Shadows.  WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL. The other day I did a swatch on my hand because I wanted to take a picture for Instagram (thug life) and then went on to do other stuff like clean the house, have a shower, etc. and it just did. not. budge. Insane. I wrote a post about my Colourpop order here.

NUXE Sun Delicious Fragrant Water. I’ve considered drinking it. Anything Nuxe does smells like heaven (or is it honey?). To be fair, I don’t like their skin care line nearly as much as their fragrances. I bought the Nuxuriance Replenishing Night Cream and I have to beat myself up to finish it.

nuxe sun delicious fragrant water

Dexter, our 5-year-old chocolate Labrador, is nowhere near as clever as Tikka, our Border Collie (but then again, who is?), but he has this amazing intuition and can sense when I’m not doing fine. And I haven’t been doing fine lately. So he’s been by my side and at my feet non-stop and, somehow, that helps. Life without my dogs would be miserable.

chocolate labrador

Inside the Rainbow is a blog written by a middle-aged woman who was diagnosed autistic at the age of 46. She writes about being autistic, anxiety (one of my hobbies…), and having a resting bitch face. She’s hilarious when she writes about OCDs and menopause; and poignant when she writes about The Boy (her autistic son).

Childish Gambino — This is America

What did you like this month?

1. June 3, 2018 / 10:19 pm

All of these faves are so cool! But especially the colourpop shadow, I have *never* tried anything colourpop but I will definitely have to! ♡

• June 3, 2018 / 10:19 pm

You really have to, especially if you live in the US. They’re super cheap!

• June 3, 2018 / 10:24 pm

I live in the UK ): so most likely a hefty shipping and customs fee. But I feel it’d be a fab investment ♡

• June 3, 2018 / 10:29 pm

I think you can buy them from londonlovesbeauty but they’re super expensive in comparison to the US website :'(
          It is a great investment and I think it’d be a great investment for Colourpop to start selling their makeup in Europe ffs! 🙂

2. June 3, 2018 / 3:00 am

I absolutely love Shane Dawson, I’ve been watching his videos for the past six years. Lately his content is sooo good and it feels like I’m watching a television show. When he did the videos with Grav3yardgirl I didn’t want it to end. He has a new conspiracy video coming out soon and I can’t wait to watch it!!
    xoxo, Nora simplymissnora.com

• June 3, 2018 / 3:01 am

I know, I can’t wait! It’ll be out on Monday. They’re my favourite Shane videos 😀

3. June 2, 2018 / 1:48 pm

I love the colourpop eyeshadows! Gonna have to check out some of the you tubers you mentioned! x

4. May 31, 2018 / 6:56 am

Awh you’re one of the first bloggers who mentions Shane. I love him and I love watching his videos. I barely discovered him last year and it was right about the time he started making documentary style videos which I LOVE. He just has an amazing personality and I’ve learned to love Ryland, Garrett, Morgan and even Andrew.
    And I still want to try the super shock eyeshadows. I didn’t get a chance to put any in my cart when I purchased stuff from them.

• May 31, 2018 / 12:04 pm

I loved the series that he did with his dad. He’s so relatable.
      I totally recommend that you pick up a couple of Super Shock Shadows next time! You won’t regret it. Thanks for reading and commenting 🙂

5. May 30, 2018 / 1:47 am

I love Colourpop 😍 I love that it didn’t budge that entire time!