A few weeks ago I wrote a list of things that annoy me to no end. It was long, but it was far from exhaustive. Since I spend most of my time online, I thought I’d make a list of all the stuff on the internet that drives me batshit crazy.
- Big brands that have ill-designed websites where ordering anything is a chore. Problems include: drop-downs that come out of nowhere as soon as you slightly move your mouse, autoplay video/audio, bottom banners, top banners, side banners, sometimes all at once.
- Being forced to create an account if you want to buy something.
- Only realising that something is out of stock when you try to order it, because it wasn’t mentioned anywhere else before that. I can’t handle frustration.
- Paying for Amazon Prime in a country where the delivery system is slow anyway.
- the vultures of Instagram/Twitter. Typically, someone posting something along the lines of “Are we friends on Instagram yet?” Then you go check out their profile and you see this:
Last time I checked, friendship went both ways.
- Of course, the follow/unfollowers.
- People who just type in their user name in follow trains instead of the full link to their profile. This lazy ass ain’t copying/pasting anything tonight.
- Guys who think Instagram is Tinder and DM me stuff like “hey bae”. I post pictures of eyeshadows and pots of cream. Which eye contour cream led you to think I was looking for love?
- People who share fake news.
- Posting a (usually passive aggressive) public message that’s directed at someone in particular. Come on, Linda, just tell us you hate your best friend.
- Online petitions.
- My mom on Facebook.
- Anything Donald Trump tweets, says or “thinks.”
- People whose blogs only consist of quotations
- Blogs specialised in blogging tips which have their heads so far up their SEO that there’s 2000 words of clickbait-y content and internal links but virtually zero valuable piece of information.
- “Constructive criticism”
- Mistaking opinions for facts
- Comic Sans MS anywhere
- Herbalife sponsorships
Things I do that most likely irritate people
- I’m a grammar nazi.
- I use gifs for everything.
- I finish every sentence with “lol” or the laughing emoji.
- I complain about everything.
Have I missed anything?