I was recently talked into visiting Amsterdam for a day and found myself on the verge of death (I mean heat stroke) in the city centre (it was 32°C, my hair is almost black and I wasn’t wearing a hat). After a full blown panic attack, I left my now former best friend to visit the city alone so that she could post three pathetic snapshots on IG as I waddled back into the air conditioned Amsterdam Central station. I saw a Lush shop. Couldn’t resist. It was my first time and I know that makes me a lame beauty blogger, but what the hell. These are the four items that I bought and my thoughts on them…
Rock Star soap bar (link)
- has a wonderful sugary sweet smell
- the smell lingers on the skin for hours. As a matter of fact, if I leave the bathroom door open, the smell will also travel down the corridor. Amazing.
- leave your skin squeaky clean, you know, as soap bars do.
- makes me want to have 5 showers a day (even when it’s not 35°C outside)
Whoosh Shower Jelly (link)
- contains: seaweed, citrus juices, rosemary, geranium oils. Smells mostly like citrus.
- feels super refreshing and is (somewhat) fun to use
- can be put in the fridge or freezer (but it won’t become solid) before use for an even more refreshing experience
- I know I’m going to sound like I’ve been living under a rock, but using this shower jelly for the first time was quite the experience for me. So in case you’ve been living under another rock in the neighbourhood, just rub it on your skin, as you would a soap bar, and it’ll lather a little. Word of warning to my fellow clumsy people: it’s challenging.
Chocolate Lip Scrub (link)
- this one has a chocolate orange/tangerine taste and smell
- it is really effective and leaves the lips super smooth
- it’s edible and that’s problematic for someone like me
Sikkim Girls Solid Perfume (link)
- warm, exotic, jasmine smell
- not the kind I would reach for usually, but I was somehow persuaded to buy it. Now I know I won’t ever wear it. I just like sugary smells too much, and this isn’t one.
- staying power: well, it’s not Chanel.
I also got some free samples
- Dirty shower gel (haven’t had time to try it out yet, too obsessed with my Rock Star soap bar)
- I love Juicy shampoo (just tried it and loved it!)
- Dream Cream body and hands cream (very thick, probably too thick for summer, and I’m not a big fan of the smell)
I’m thinking of going back to Lush. I regret not getting a solid shampoo. Any recommendations?