If you’ve enjoyed my blog

These youtubers will keep you up at night

Believe it or not, I don’t watch Netflix all that much. I can’t. I don’t have time. There’s just too many things to watch on YouTube. I just love the platform. It’s accessible to anyone with a bit of creativity and you can learn so much on there. Just like Anjhaneé, I learnt how to do my makeup watching YouTube. And it’s not just about makeup. I’m a firm believer that YouTube has the answers to most questions in life (except what happened between Jeffree and Manny).

Here are a few youtubers I highly recommend you watch (and I promise that there is only one beauty youtuber in the list.)

Tristan Paredes

Tristan is a 27-year-old vocal coach from the USA who is quite popular for his ‘reactions’ videos. He often films himself reacting to famous singers’ best and worst vocal performances. He will sometimes explain to his audience how said performances could be improved and share his tips.

His YouTube channel is going quite well as, at the time of writing this post, he had 827,000 subscribers. All of his videos are viewed hundreds of thousands of times. The video below isn’t his most popular, but I wanted to add it because I have a low key crush on Harry Styles’s voice (yes, just his voice) (what else).

I couldn’t sing to save my life, but I like to describe myself as a fine connoisseur of the art of singing as I have spent many years watching American Idol, The X Factor, The Voice and the likes. And, of course, I always agree with Tristan’s technical comments.

Samantha Ravndahl

Okay, okay. She’s the only beauty youtuber in this list, I promise. But she’s unlike any other!

Samantha is 25, she’s from Canada and has 830k at the time of writing. I love her because she can be a bit rude, she’s blunt and honest and doesn’t give a duck about hurting a brand’s feelings. Oh, and she’s sarcastic. That’s a quality in my book.

The following video isn’t one of her most popular, but it is in my opinion one of the most representative of her personality. This is a very interesting Q&A where she talks about how much money micro-influencers, small influencers, and bigger influencers make. Very informative and straight to the point, in true Samantha fashion. Even if you’re not into beauty, you’ll find this one compelling.

Shane Dawson

Shane is a Youtube veteran and I know I already mentioned him in my May Favourites, but I can’t stop watching his content. Shane has been making videos on youtube for 10 years and has remained consistently popular throughout the years. A year or so ago, he decided that he was sick of making silly buzz videos (e.g. trying crazy pool toys, paying strangers to do weird things, etc.) and gave his channel a new, more meaningful direction. He started making more interesting and personal series. There’s one where he hashes things out with his first love, one where he exchanges lives with a blind youtuber, one where he tries to talk things out with his estranged father, etc. He also does conspiracy videos which are absolutely engrossing. His most popular series to date is his 5-part documentary on controversial beauty guru (should I say mogul?) Jeffree Star.

iNabber

iNabber is a kind of commentator who mostly talks about youtube news and other youtubers who he likes or dislikes. He doesn’t do it for the drama and often has very good points and a structured opinion. He’s obviously very passionate about what he does and has been gaining in popularity recently. He now has about 100,000 subscribers.

The video below is one of my favourites (the title speaks for itself)

A cute pin for your boards:

1. September 7, 2018 / 11:45 pm

Girl, I’m in love with Samantha. ❤️ The way she talks because she is so straight-talking, I just found myself nodding along “yes, yes” even though I don’t know a lot about it. 😂

Damn, I’ve never watched/recall watching a Zoella video but damn. I was also today years old when I realised she looks like Lily from How I Met Your Mother. I didn’t know there was so much tea, I ended up debating with my sister and she said that she lives in Brighton so what does it matter? I disagree there’s a law there for a good reason. £70 advent calendar??????? LOL BYE. 👋

September 7, 2018 / 11:49 pm

Yeah she has a £1m mansion in Brighton.

• September 12, 2018 / 12:36 am

£1m and she’s asking £70 from us, damn lol

September 12, 2018 / 9:05 am

That’s how you get rich, I suppose lol

2. August 24, 2018 / 3:23 pm

Love these. Thank you for introducing me to Tristan particularly. I rarely get a chance to watch YouTube as an adult though, my two year old just tends to watch all the children’s clips!

August 24, 2018 / 3:23 pm

Thanks :)))
      He’s fun to watch, nothing too deep!

3. August 21, 2018 / 10:27 pm

Hey Kate, I think it’s wonderful that you have shared less known people in your list 🙂 It’s all good and well to state the obvious and base a list on people who have the most subscribers, you haven’t done that though and I’m so glad 🙂

August 21, 2018 / 10:32 pm

4. August 21, 2018 / 3:57 pm

Shane Dawson is my favourite Youtuber, I used to really not like him but he seems to have stoppedt trying to be edgy after he came out and I love the real him

August 21, 2018 / 8:30 pm

Exactly, he’s loveable because he’s his vulnerable self.

August 21, 2018 / 3:19 pm

I love her sense of humor so much!

5. August 21, 2018 / 10:56 am

I love youtube because you can find the weirdest and best stuff on there – I love nothing more than settling down to watch people show hauls of their food shops and things like that! I fully don’t have the attention span for long content any more, and youtube is perfect.

Cordelia || cordeliamoor.com

August 21, 2018 / 12:47 pm

Same, I can’t deal with 50 minute long episodes!

6. August 19, 2018 / 10:07 pm

I love shane but I dont actually like his latest series because I prefer him being funny 🤔

August 19, 2018 / 10:08 pm

Oh, that’s interesting. You don’t like any of the more serious series he made?

• August 19, 2018 / 11:16 pm

Yeah I prefer him being funny and his crime and ghost stuff 🤔 sorry I wanted to finish my original statement by saying I will check out the others although I normally watch crime stuff on youtube but it wasnt me letting type it 😭
        Abi xx

August 19, 2018 / 11:17 pm

I love his conspiracies!

7. August 19, 2018 / 7:47 pm

I just watched Andy’s video, how great is he! He’s such a lovely guy on Twitter and he comes across as so fun & friendly in his video, I’ll have to check out more. I already watch Ruth & Kate and think they are both lovely ladies! Thank you for sharing your recommendations Kate, I’ll have to check out the others too 💖 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

August 19, 2018 / 8:57 pm

Thanks for your kind comment, Bexa!

8. August 19, 2018 / 5:53 pm

I like Samantha R. she is so much fun because she is carefree! I had no idea Ruth had a YouTube channel, I love her and her honesty, she is such a gem!!! Thanks for sharing this Kate 💕 You should totally have a channel your personality shines so bright on your blog, feel like I’m talking to my homegurl from home! 😍

Natonya | http://www.justnatonya.wordpress.com

August 19, 2018 / 6:07 pm

lol thanks <3333 I've thought about a youtube channel because sometimes it's easier to show how a product works rather than write 55 paragraphs, but I'm not sure I'd do well lol

9. August 19, 2018 / 4:14 pm

I have a bunch of YouTubers that I watch everyday! My tastes are probably boring to some but I absolutely love family bloggers like Ellie & Jared and Phil and Alex. I also watch The Frey Life which is about Mary Frey, her husband Peter and her service dog Ollie. She has Cystic Fibrosis and has many struggles but keeps that amazing smile and attitude the whole way!

I am adding these to my list to try!

August 19, 2018 / 4:44 pm

Oh, I don’t watch family vloggers but some of them are very very popular and successful!

• August 19, 2018 / 4:54 pm

Oh for some reason I watch a lot of vlogs about people with infertility and doing IVF. Not sure why!

August 19, 2018 / 6:07 pm

I’m not sure why either 🙂

10. August 19, 2018 / 2:17 pm

I love Sam! I first started watching her videos because of her beauty tutorials, but then I realised I love her personality as well! She’s so down to earth and just like a breath of fresh air in the youtube world.

Julia // The Sunday Mode

August 19, 2018 / 2:24 pm

I feel exactly the same! I can’t believe I only discovered her a few weeks ago!