skin care toners

Pixi’s Retinol Tonic: better than the Glow Tonic?

Pixi's Retinol Tonic

Pixi’s Retinol Tonic is one of the brand’s latest additions to their already cult skincare range. I have been using the Glow Tonic for quite a few months now (and my life wouldn’t have any sort of meaning without it) and couldn’t resist the temptation of testing another toner.ย

Price point and quantity

Price: ยฃ18 ($29) for 250ml // ยฃ10 ($15) for 100ml

Pixi’s Retinol Tonic can be found pretty much everywhere, including on Cult Beauty, but also on Pixi’s website). The Pixi website has a loyalty programme and that’s great (I mean, terrible) news for Pixi fangirls such as myself.ย

Ingredients

Aqua/Water/Eau, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Water, Glycerin, Propanediol, Methyl Gluceth-20, PEG-8, Panthenol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Flower Extract, Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis Flower Extract, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-27, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Retinol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower/Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Sodium Citrate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Ethylhexylglycerin.

Keep this in mind when a dupe comes out.

So, what is it supposed to do?

• Contains time-release retinol that reduces fine lines and smoothes complexion.
  • Has peptides that firm the skin and boost collagen production
  • Contains jasmine flower that heals and balances the skin
  • Soothes sensitive skin
  • Is full of antioxidants

In other words, this is an anti-aging toner.

How to use the Retinol Tonic

Put some product on a cotton pad and apply to your face after cleansing and before serums and moisturiser. If it’s your only toner, you can use it in the morning and in the evening. Personally, I alternate the Retinol (in the AM) and the Glow Tonic (in the PM).

Pixi Retinol Tonic mini 100ml

What I think of Pixi’s Retinol Tonic

Do I look 10 years younger? Not yet. Skincare takes months, especially when it comes to Retinols. I have noticed, however, that my skin tone has become more even and radiant since I started using the Retinol Tonic. The Glow Tonic does its job as well, mind you, but I have used it by itself for months before so I know what it does to my skin. Alternating the Retinol Tonic and the Glow Tonic has proven to be a winning combo.

Is it better than the Glow Tonic? Honestly, if my life depended on making a choice, I’d still go for the GT, but since I’m alive and well, I’m happy to use both.

I’d recommend it to people whose skin is too sensitive to handle the Glow Tonic and/or to those of you who are willing to incorporate anti-aging products into your routine.

Also, if you’re planning on using stronger retinols at some point in your life, the Pixi Retinol Tonic is a great way of getting your skin accustomed to the product.

Share this post on Pinterest:

Pixi's Retinol Tonic pinterest image

You Might Also Like

Dilia
    February 5, 2019 at 1:29 am

I would like to know if there is any problem if you use retinol tonic and get sun …. ๐Ÿ˜… new with skincare sorry

Kate
      February 5, 2019 at 9:55 am

You should use an SPF because anything containing retinol increases sun sensitivity ๐Ÿ™‚

Thari
    February 2, 2019 at 1:03 pm

Hello! I have never used a toner and I don’t follow a particular skin care routine either. I’m 28 yrs old and I have combination skin more to the dry side, no acne. Could you please recommend a toner for my skin?

Kate
      February 2, 2019 at 6:14 pm

The Pixi Retinol Tonic is the perfect toner to start your routine. It’s very gentle and you can use it AM and PM.

katesbeautyhome
    December 12, 2018 at 3:15 pm

I really need to get this. You seem to have enjoyed it thoughout using. I have been worried about using retinol after using the pure form and getting a break out but this seems a lot gentler as itโ€™s in toner form. I think Iโ€™m going to have to push the boat out and get the GT too as I think Iโ€™m the only person to have not tried it yet.
    Kate x

Kate
      December 12, 2018 at 4:51 pm

Retinol tonic in the morning, glow tonic in the evening. They’re both super gentle and will make a world of difference to your skin!

Anna Bankester
    November 12, 2018 at 1:11 am

I’m def gonna check this one out. Give me all the retinol!

Fiona, Sunshine, Raindrops and Tea in the Garden
    November 6, 2018 at 12:11 am

Ooh I have never heard of Pixi before, I love reading reviews on beauty products as it really helps me decide what to buy ๐Ÿ™‚

Kate
      November 6, 2018 at 11:57 pm

A great skincare brand, totally recommend it!

Cordelia Moor
    November 2, 2018 at 2:43 pm

I don’t get along with the glow tonic, which is a constant source of sadness because I want to love it so much – but the retinol tonic looks up my alley. I don’t need anti-aging products yet, but there’s no harm in trying this tonic because the % of retinol is so low!

Cordelia || cordeliamoor.com

Kate
      November 2, 2018 at 3:16 pm

Their Rose Tonic is probably the best fit for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Connie Werner Reichert
    November 1, 2018 at 10:20 pm

I did not know Pixi made a Retinol tonic! I have yet to try their products. Because I’m older, I’m all for anything anti-aging and I am using SanRe organic toner right now. I am eager to try Pixi though!

Kate
      November 2, 2018 at 1:15 pm

All their range is really good!

Beautyworkers
    November 1, 2018 at 8:34 pm

I’m curious to try the Retinol tonic and now I’m even more curious…I will definetly going to buy it (like, right now!)…

Kate