Here are things that irritate me about the makeup industry, makeup application, makeup trends or just makeup in general. This is meant to be light-hearted, so don’t feel offended if I mention something you truly enjoy. You do you and I do me. No shaming, no shading.
I’m not even sure these opinions are totally unpopular, but let the girl have fun once in a while.
- Matte liquid lipsticks make my mouth look like a dehydrated anus
- I don’t have time for a cut crease at 6 in the morning (or any time of day, for that matter) Who does cut creases on the daily?
- I don’t want to spend 20 minutes on each eye brow to feel like I’m a worth makeup enthusiast.
- Super glittery highlighters make me look like a disco ball with enlarged pores
- Putting highlighter on the tip of my nose makes me look like a middle-aged Tinkerbell.
- Under-eye baking.
- I think the Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define concealer is crap.
- I hate eyeshadow pans that don’t have a standard/circular size and just fuck up your entire magnetic palette symmetry (here’s looking at you, Nathalie)
- Why would anyone want to buy makeup brushes that shed or that are scratchy (I mean Morphe brushes)?
- How do you store double-ended brushes without forgetting about the other side?
- Mini brushes are just too short. I can never find them among my other brushes.
- Being a member of the OCD Club, I have a hard time accepting that my Beauty Blender will never be 100% clean, no matter how hard I rub, scrub and squeeze it.
- That one wet bit of mascara landing on under your eye. Just on that one day your concealer wasn’t creasing.
- Spending 40 minutes blending eyeshadows and thinking eyeliner would be a great addition to that look. You will fuck it up.
By the way, if you’ve enjoyed this post or my blog, consider voting for me in the upcoming UK Blog Awards. Click here for my voting page.
- People telling you you’d look better if you didn’t wear so much makeup and, on the odd day you’re not wearing makeup, asking you if you’re under the weather.
- Men who think women look better with less makeup on: we don’t wear makeup for you, you are not the centre of the universe
- Beauty youtubers who do makeup tutorials with a filter on their camera lens and the saturation amped up to the gods.
- Youtubers who just cannot do an eye look without a cut crease/huge falsies/winged eyeliner to “complete this look”
- Sales people who match your foundation by swatching it on your wrist.
- People who don’t know or don’t like John Maclean will never truly understand me.