If you’ve enjoyed my blog

Women Empowerment Tag

I was tagged by my skincare comrade Cordelia to take part in the Women Empowerment tag. Cordelia thought it was easy content, but I’ve been meditating (read: procrastinating) over these answers for well over a week.

The Rules

Create a Women Empowerment Tag post on your blog and answer these five questions.

1. What does women empowerment mean to you?
  2. What woman/women do you most admire? Why?
  3. Share with us a story, drawing, or video that you think says “empowered women.”
  4. Share with us the best lesson you’ve learned in leadership.
  5. What cause do you most want to bring awareness to? Why?/What does it mean to you?

Then tag 5 inspirational, powerful women to do the same.

Link your post to https://mylifelines.co/women-wednesday-women-empowerment-tag

Tag us on Twitter (@my_lifelines) and/or Instagram (@mylifelines_) with #WomenWednesday.

• What does women empowerment mean to you?

Women supporting each other in achieving their goals despite all the hurdles life throws their way (see below) is what women empowerment means to me.

• What woman/women do you most admire? Why?

I admire any woman who pursues and achieves her goals regardless of what type of society she originates from, what her family/ friends/ colleagues think of her or what she should(n’t) do or be, her religion, her weight, her physical appearance, the colour of her skin, her bank account balance, her gender assignment, or even her social media following. It’s actually much harder than it sounds. And it probably doesn’t just apply to women.

• Share with us a story, drawing, or video that you think says “empowered women.”

I’ll just leave this here:

• Share with us the best lesson you’ve learned in leadership.

I’m not sure leadership has anything to do with gender, but I’ll tell you what I’ve learned in leadership through teaching adults (and having superiors myself).

There’s no way you can have people do something that you haven’t done yourself, that you don’t believe in 100% or that you think will help them in any way.

Also, anyone who’s condescending, disrespectful, disdainful, conceited isn’t a leader. S/he an egomaniac bumhole.

• What cause do you most want to bring awareness to? Why?/What does it mean to you?

I don’t feel important enough to bring awareness to anything, really. I do care about mental health and the stigma there still is on mental illnesses.

Also, I feel strongly about people (women and men) being able to be their true selves without the fear of judgement and will support anyone who’s struggling with that. It’s not something I mention on my blog (or anywhere), but it’s definitely something I’ve been suffering from and am still working on. Will keep you posted if any progress is made before I die.

By the way, if you’ve enjoyed this post or my blog, consider voting for me in the upcoming UK Blog Awards. Click here for my voting page

I’d like to encourage the following ladies to do the Women Empowerment tag Sophia, Jennifer, Jessica Shân Olliviette. Can’t wait to read your answers!

women empowerment tag

1. November 30, 2018 / 9:35 am

Finally getting a chance to leave a proper comment. What a great tag idea and great answers, thank you for choosing me. I always feel weird when someone thinks of me for something cause I’m like…why? lol gotta learn to accept it, so thank you.

The one thing I picked up in your answers was the support for humanity. Women first, but then highlighting people as a whole. I think this is important because while I champion for women’s rights all the time, I will also point out there are groups that need energy and efforts as well. It’s not about robbing women of the fight or voice, and I think a lot of people see it that way whenever another group is mentioned.

Anyway, I am prob not going to answer my questions until the new year as I want to tie this into women’s day in some way but whenever I do, you’ll see and know!

December 1, 2018 / 7:57 pm

Don’t feel weird for being chosen. I’ve read some of you blog posts and I like the things you have to say. I know you’ll do a great job of it.
      January it is, no pressure 🙂

2. November 26, 2018 / 7:45 pm

I loved reading your answers Kate, such a powerful post! I also feel inspired when women achieve their goals regardless of her situation. I just watched the video and wow, the I Weigh Instagram account that Jameela created is fantastic, it is such a positive and uplifting space, I’ve just spent a good 15 minutes reading everyone’s posts. Thank you for sharing lovely! <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

November 26, 2018 / 9:23 pm

Thanks, Bexa!

3. Sophia Ismaa
    November 25, 2018 / 11:22 pm

This is amazing! So happy to see a tag focusing on women empowerment. 🙂 The ability to be yourself without fear of judgement is one of the greatest self-care we as women can do, I do think people will judge either way, so really you might as well just be yourself anyway. 😉 and yay, so happy to see a woman of colour featured in your post! The best leaders are the ones who lead from example, true, very true. Can’t wait to do this!

November 25, 2018 / 11:25 pm

Can’t wait to read yours, I know you’ll write an amazing post.

• December 1, 2018 / 4:29 am

Will most likely do it next week (just letting ya know) 💕

December 1, 2018 / 7:54 pm

Can’t wait!

4. November 25, 2018 / 10:15 pm

Back in the early 90’s, when I was a newscaster, I formed W.A.S.H.E.D. (Women Against Sexual Harassment & Employment Discrimination) after I was fired for turning in my boss for stalking and sexually harassing me at the radio station where I worked. The group grew to hundreds of women in a short period of time, and we were instrumental in getting the word out and helping to pass senate bill AB12 to help women in this fight for equality and justice. I sued the station, and later turned my non profit group over to the San Francisco Women’s Center. It was an amazing experience.

November 25, 2018 / 11:02 pm

Connie, I’d love to read more about it! Please do this tag :))

• December 1, 2018 / 8:52 pm

We had 300 women taking down roomfuls of good old boys who could not keep their hands to themselves. My own boss would call me at night or when I was on the air, and he also stalked me. He would actually show up at my apartment, wanting to hang out with me. It was unreal. I sued Brown Broadcasting and was the first person in media to do so. This was in the early 90’s.

December 2, 2018 / 2:09 pm

Wow! Thanks for sharing that!